West Wendover Youth City Council Members Take Oath of Office
Youth Council Takes Oath of Office
At the City Council Meeting of February 7, 2017, Mayor Daniel Corona recommended the appointment of the members of the new West Wendover Youth City Council (WWYC) which was then followed by unanimous consent and ratification of the appointments by the City Council. The members then took their oath of office from City Clerk Anna Bartlome.
The WWYC was formed under Resolution 2017-01, operating as an Advisory Council to the City Council on matters related to the youth of the community of West Wendover including:
- the promotion of drug/tobacco/alcohol free activities of the youth
- promoting, organizing and sustaining beneficial activities for the local youth
- establishing strong relationships between schools and the adult and youth of the community
- promoting ethnic and cultural understanding within the youth of the community
- attending city council meetings regularly and speaking on issues related to the youth, etc.
The first meeting of the WWYC will be Wednesday February 15th at 4:00 PM at the West Wendover City Hall, Council Chambers Room #137. At this meeting, the newly appointed members will select a Chair, Vice-Chair and Records-Secretary. The WWYC will meet monthly the 3rd Wednesday of each month as set forth in their By Laws.
Pictured back row from left: City Council Member Jasie Holm, WWHS Government Class Teacher Kathy Durham, Mayor Daniel Corona, City Council Members John Hanson, Nick Flores and Jerry Anderson
Pictured front row from left:Youth Council Members Colton Smith, Nancy Luna, Sarah Isaacs, Elijah Haynes, Cannon LaCombe